Apply for a staff position on Hades Portal’s Forum
To apply you should have the following qualifications:
- Experienced with Faction servers
- Able to type well and quickly
- Patient and willing to help new players
- Mature and able to stay calm dealing with others
- Be active on the server for a minimum of 2hrs/week
- Vote actively to help promote the server: min. 20 votes/month
Hades Portal positions and Responsibilities
Intern: Hades Portal’s Interns are players who are in a 2 – 4 week trial period to determine if they are capable of becoming a Helper on the server and if they like the work.
They have the same responsibilities as a Helper
Interns receive the in-game perk of a $75 rank as thanks for their help on the server.
Helper: Hades Portal’s Helpers are players who have agreed to help out their fellow players while they are playing online and to enforce chat and behavior rules.
- Monitor chat for swearing, racism, advertising, and disrespect. Kick first time offenders as a warning and then mute in increasing amounts for repeated offenses.
- Pay attention to requests for help and answer questions in local and shout chat.
- Actively help and play on the server a minimum of 2 hours in a 2 week time period.
- Report any suspicious player behavior, duping, ddosing, etc. to higher staff in staff chat.
- Report any server difficulties such as broken plugins, corrupted chunks, high lag to higher staff
- Get details from players who have Buycraft troubles and report them to owner. Encourage players to send documentation of purchase to support@Hades Portal.com
Helpers receive the in-game perk of a $150 rank as thanks for their help on the server.
Manager: These staff members are still players, but are trusted with a few more permissions to be able to help their fellow players.
- All Helper responsibilites
- Be available to tp stuck players and tp to players who need help
- Fix enderchest troubles of new donators.
- Assist with nicknames for donators.
- Use god-mode responsibly and only when acting in staff capacity.
- Check homes when requested to verify that they are not set without permission.
- Watch auctions and player inventories when duping or other suspicious activity is a happening.
- Monitor lag and use /butcher if necessary.
- Be available to monitor players hacking, bypassing plugins, griefing community areas or other bannable offences.
- Use tempban and ban in increasing severity for repeated offenders.
- Optional: Be willing to monitor some aspects of the forum, including ban appeals, ban requests, and players following forum standards and rules.
Mangers receive the in-game perk of a $250 rank as thanks for their help on the server.
Mod: With creative mode and the ability to make changes on the server, these staff no longer play actively, though they are trusted to participate occasionally in some server activities and fun.
- All responsibilities of Manager and Helpers.
- Monitor community areas for grief and repair them.
- Suggest and help with building improvements to spawn, pvp areas, new plugins, kit/shop ideas, etc., to keep the server current and improving.
- Take an active role in server and website development as asked to by owner and admins.
- Optional: Be willing to work on the forum, including ban appeals, ban requests, and players following forum standards and rules.
Mods will receive some pay dependent on the server itself being profitable. Until that time they can receive coupon codes to use as gifts based on their activity level and work.
Admin: Like Mods, Admins don’t participate in regular faction gameplay, though they can occasionally have fun with other players.
- All responsibilities of Helpers, Managers, and Mods.
- Help with changes to server files and configs, as well as installing and maintaining plugins.
- Help resolve Buycraft issues, and assist with maintaining and adding Buycraft packages and products.
- Take an active role in server, website and forum development and maintainance.
Admins will receive some pay dependent on the server itself being profitable. Until that time they can receive coupon codes to use as gifts based on their activity level and work.